These changes include explaining in more detail how we use a researcher’s information for the purposes of processing Ireland’s Hosting Agreement Scheme, including your choices, rights, and controls.
Our assistance with the Hosting Agreement Accreditation process as well as approving /processing hosting agreement details require EURAXESS Ireland to share your personal details on a regular basis with the following authorities: INIS , GNIB, Employment Permit Section, Irish embassies and consulates abroad, and DETE
Please be aware that effective assistance in resolving your immigration queries requires EURAXESS Ireland to share your personal information and copies of your Hosting agreement document with INIS and with GNIB, the Employment Permit Section/ DETE if required.
EURAXESS Ireland’s obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant Data Protection Acts are as follows:
- Obtain and process the information fairly.
- Keep it only for the one or more specified and lawful purposes.
- Process it only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given
- Keep it safe and secure
- Keep it accurate and up to date
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retain it no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes
- Share it only with the following authorities: INIS, GNIB, Employment Permit Section/DETE, Irish embassies and consulates abroad for the purpose of processing details of Hosting Agreements and effective assistance with queries relating to immigration.
- Your personal information will be collected, used and stored by EURAXESS Ireland, based at the Irish Universities Association for the purpose of the Hosting Agreement Scheme. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose. All hosting agreement data will be anonymised following 5 years plus 1 day from form the most recent contract end date.
- Personal details of personnell involved in processing Hositng Agreements is revised and updated on a regular basis (annually).
Data Storage Duration
By means of this website, EURAXESS Ireland provides information concerning researchers and their family members coming to Ireland as well as researchers leaving the Country for other destinations abroad.
Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by this website is reasonably comprehensive, accurate and clear.
However, the information provided on or via this website may not necessarily be completely comprehensive or accurate, and, for this reason, it is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis.
If you think you may have noticed any error or omission, please let us know by contacting email@example.com. It is our policy to correct errors or omissions as soon as any error or omission has been established to our satisfaction.
References to External Information / Organisations
The website sometimes refers or links to external organisations or sites over which EURAXESS Ireland has no control and accepts no responsibility. Any references or links on the website to external organisations or websites are provided as a matter of convenience only. They should not be taken as an endorsement of the contents of those external websites or of those organisations.
This website may contain third party owned content (e.g. articles, image libraries, data feeds or abstracts) and may also include hypertext links to third party owned websites. We provide such third party content and links as a courtesy to our users. Links are provided for your information only. We have no control over any third party owned websites or content referred to, accessed by or available on this website. To the extent permitted by law, therefore, we do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or otherwise accept any responsibility for such third party websites or content, or for the availability of such websites. In particular, we do not accept any liability arising out of any allegation that any third party owned content (whether published on this, or any other, website) infringes the intellectual property rights of any person, or any liability arising out of any information or opinion contained on such third party website or content.
January 6th 2021