These changes include explaining in more detail how we use a researcher’s information for the purposes of processing Ireland’s Hosting Agreement Scheme, including your choices, rights, and controls.
Our assistance with the Hosting Agreement Accreditation process as well as approving /processing hosting agreement details require EURAXESS Ireland to share your personal details on a regular basis with the following authorities: INIS , GNIB, Employment Permit Section, Irish embassies and consulates abroad, and DBEI
Please be aware that effective assistance in resolving your immigration queries requires EURAXESS Ireland to share your personal information and copies of your Hosting agreement document with INIS and with GNIB, the Employment Permit Section/ DBEI if required.
EURAXESS Ireland’s obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant Data Protection Acts are as follows:
- Obtain and process the information fairly.
- Keep it only for the one or more specified and lawful purposes.
- Process it only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given
- Keep it safe and secure
- Keep it accurate and up to date
- Ensure it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retain it no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes
- Share it only with the following authorities: INIS, GNIB, Employment Permit Section/DBEI, Irish embassies and consulates abroad and DBEI for the purpose of processing details of hosting agreements and effective assistance with queries relating to immigration.